ASIC released its quarterly insolvency statistics for the third quarter of the 2015/16 financial year.
It shows a decrease of 15.7% for companies entering external administration (EXAD).
Liquidation appointments totalled 2,106 compared to 2,499 in the previous quarter.
– Court liquidations were down 28.4%, except for South Australia (up 31%).
– Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidations were down 8.9%,
– Receiverships were down 7.3%
– Voluntary Administrations appointments were down 3.6%.
– Director-initiated winding up appointments down 8.9% nationally
However sectors that suffered the most and entered into liquidation were Manufacturing and Education & Training.
Sectors with the least liquidations were in Rental Services and Real Estate.